Friday, February 20, 2009

FIRED UP - pt 2

Next, I sent this to Obama's story page, referenced above, and called it in:

President Obama said in his speech in Mesa, Arizona, on February 18th that “if we act boldly and swiftly to arrest this downward spiral [in the housing market], then every American will benefit.” This is not true! I will not benefit in any way from this action. I have been renting, saving my money, waiting until I could buy a house on a 15-year note with 20% down and a solid emergency fund in place. Now, with this action, I will have to wait longer to be able to buy a house if the market is propped up. It is false that “every American will benefit.” President Obama is about telling people’s stories – I would be very pleased if my story was also published - while it's not as sad as other stories, I believe it's valid and deserves equal attention. I will have deep respect for the President if he allows my story to be publicized with all the other sad ones where people are asking the government to help with everything from family problems to financial problems, which I don't believe is the government's job. Please don't support the economic intervention, because it will delay my conservative, well-planned, stable, entry into the mortgage market.

No comments: